Our staff give a lot to the organisation and our residents and so we like to return the favour, in ways that make a difference to the individual.
We believe in rewarding our people for the dedication they give to living our values and to helping the organisation to create good homes and better lives.
As a member of staff you can enjoy market-tested salaries and an excellent range of financial, non-financial and other flexible benefits including:
A Pension Scheme Octavia employees have variable Pension arrangements but the majority of Octavia staff and eligible new joiners get access to a Social Housing Pension Scheme where Octavia pay double the amount of any contribution you pay, up to a maximum of 10% of your salary.
Life cover We provide life cover during your service with us. In the event of your death, you have the benefit of knowing that your nominated loved one will be paid 3x your annual salary.
Salary Sacrifice Schemes These schemes tend to be open to all Permanent, Fixed-Term and Temp staff. Payment arrangements may depend on the duration of your contract but essentially they enable you to purchase a range of benefits at a reduced rate, paying directly from your salary each month. You benefit from our buying power; you save on NI and tax costs and in many cases, you can spread the cost over 12 months for a range of things including:
- Season ticket Loan (we provide you with a loan to buy your travel ticket in advance, which often means you get a discount price, and you pay it back over 12 months)
- Ride to Work (we provide you with a loan to buy a bicycle, at a reduced cost and you spread the cost over 12 months)
- Childcare Vouchers (a voucher to help with the cost of childcare)
- Payroll Giving (if you want to give to charity, you save on tax)
- Access to Private Medical Insurance
- Access to Health Cash Plan (for discounted optical, dental and small health procedures) *This is covered by Simply Health.
- Own Choice (Work related) Courses (for professional development)
Other financial awards
Performance Awards We like to recognise staff who demonstrate our values and exceed their targets. Every year, if you work in an office-based role, a one-off financial award (up to 2.5 percent of your salary) can be achieved as a thank you for exceptional performance. Awards may also be available for staff in other roles.
Health and well-being
Employee Assistance Programme (this is a 24 hour telephone line open to you and your family members that can provide free and impartial advice on various topics including legal issues, health issues, worries and concerns)
Excellent Occupational Health Service and Sick pay (well above the statutory norm)
Free Flu Jab Voucher during Flu season j Free Annual Eyecare Voucher (towards eye test and spectacle costs).
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption pay (well above the statutory norm)
- Paternity pay and shared parental leave
- Compassionate leave
Excellent annual leave
All staff get a generous leave allowance which increases with long-service.
Opportunity to sell annual leave
- All staff can sell up to 5 days leave providing that:
- You have not had sickness absence over 3 days in previous leave year or attendance concerns
- You have not had a Disciplinary Warning in the previous leave year
- Your line manager and HR approve
- Your request is made and approval gained from April 1 to 30 June of the current leave year.
Opportunity to buy more annual leave
- All staff can buy up to 5 days additional leave if:
- Your manager approves (the need to meet service and operational requirements is also vital)
- HR approve
- You have not carried forward any leave from previous leave year
We offer an unpaid sabbatical leave scheme. From 2 months – 1 year unpaid leave - available after 3 years service and with manager approval.
Flexi – time
We operate a very popular flexi-time system for office based staff, which can result in thirteen days flexi leave in addition to your annual leave providing your role allows.
Personal and professional development
Access training and development opportunities with:
- A dedicated learning and development plan for every employee
- Or apply for a financial study support bursary to pursue a specific interest.
For more information about any of the benefits you can enjoy as a member of the Octavia team, please contact the People and Culture Team on email@example.com